Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I am really great at taking pictures, but that's kind of where it ends sometimes. I had planned to write this post at the beginning of December, but now it's almost the end of January. Oh well...better late than never!

Anyway, Brendan was such a great little helper as I decorated for Christmas. He was really excited to help and loved pulling out all of the decorations.
Every year on Thanksgiving weekend we drive to the Christmas tree lot and pick out our tree. Here's our tree getting prepped for the ride home.
Brendan with his lovely "cheese" face.
And daddy getting the tree loaded up on top of the car.And here is Brendan the next evening helping me hang ornaments.
The next weekend we started a new family tradition. Justin has become quite the boat guy and wanted us to go to the Parade of Lights. Boat owners can enter their boat in the parade and decorate with lights and such. Boy do they go all out! I was impressed. Who knows, maybe we'll enter next year ;-)
We docked out on the lake to watch the parade so Justin let Brendan be his skipper and help him "drive the boat". Brendan started calling Justin "Captain Daddy". Too funny!
The weather was perfect, the boats were beautiful and it was so much fun watching them go by while listening to Christmas music. I decided for next year we need to pack a little hot chocolate and invite some friends.
A few weekends later we went to our playgroup's annual Christmas party. The boys have fun playing together and we usually plan a craft or two. This year I brought the sugar cone Christmas tree activity my first graders do every year. The boys loved it!



Even though I am always ready to bid farewell to Christmas and all of it's festivities, I'm kind of missing it already. I guess I only have 11 more months to go before we do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment