Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Star is Born

Brendan has his first school performance a few weeks ago. This was a BIG deal for both him and me. He was so excited for his "sing along" and I was excited to see my little boy perform. Here he is waiting in the audience for his class to take their turn.
His teachers asked each child to wear their red uniform shirt, blue shorts, and Christmas knee socks. Have you ever tried finding little boy Christmas knee socks? Yeah, that's right...they don't exist. These are women's socks (shhhh, don't tell Brendan or he might be mortified when he gets older ;-)
He was totally that kid waving at me saying "Hi Mom!" in between songs. I couldn't have been beaming anymore than I was! I LOVED it! They sang three songs and since Brendan had just started this new school he has only been practicing the songs for two weeks before the big performance. He did his best to sing along though during Zip a Dee Do Dah and the two other songs which I can't remember now. Don't worry though, I bought the DVD of his 3 minutes of fame so I can remember this moment forever!
All that spotlight really goes to your head ;-)
Posing with the baby Jesus, who apparently is way more approachable than Santa. When given the choice of who to talk to Brendan gladly chose baby Jesus. Good choice son.
I hear they have a Spring sing along too so I can't wait to see my baby perform again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment