Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello Summer + Oklahoma

This is the first summer in a while that I've truly had that, awww...it's summer feeling. That feeling means vacations, hot weather, swimming, ice cream, fun activities, and really nothing but fun. My summer was only 4 weeks this year, but all I can think about is next summer when it really will be SUMMER for 2 whole months! Two of my four weeks were spent in Oklahoma. Brendan and I had so much fun seeing all our family and friends.

My dad (or Happy as the boys call him) came home one night and told the three boys he had a surprise for them if they ate all their food and behaved well. The surprise...swimming and ice cream! Brendan was really afraid of the pool at first, but after a little while he mustered up enough courage to go down the slide. I think swim lessons are in his near future.


Little miss Mary Cate sat pool side with Grams. She is the cutest and best baby ever!
I wanted to take a picture of Happy with all three boys, but this is the best I got. That cat was the friendliest cat I have ever seen!
This was Brendan's first ice cream sundae. He saw the cherry on top when we went through the Braums drive thru and talked about it for days and days. So he finally got the ice cream with the cherry on top. Cheers!

Sticky caramel sundaes meant one thing, sticky messy boys in need of a bath. Here they are making scary monster faces.
Play dough on the patio.
Brendan even got to hold Mary Cate. He was very fond of her. Brendan said he wants a baby sister "just like J.J.'s".
Here's my cousin Terah, the bride, at the hair salon. At the end of our stay in Oklahoma we drove to St. Louis to be part of Terah's wedding. She was a beautiful bride and I'm so happy for her! Every bride needs a little Starbucks.
Leaving the salon, complete with bride and bridesmaid hair. I'm not wearing makeup yet in the picture so please excuse my colorless face. Thank goodness for makeup!
More pics from our trip to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment