Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas Eve "Eve"

On the night before Christmas Eve, you know Christmas Eve Eve, my mom decided it would be fun to take the boys to see Christmas lights. I had just read about someone putting pajamas on their kids, loading them into the car, getting some hot chocolate, and looking at lights so I thought what a great idea! We should do that too! So when mom mentioned it to me I was all about it! Here are the boys waiting for us to get in the car. They were playing "Santa". Each one was pretending to be Santa and say "What do you want for Christmas?". It cracked me up when Luke was Santa. He's so small compared to the other two, plus he had this great little raspy voice!
Finally we were off! We stopped at Sonic, got some hot chocolate, put on the Christmas music, and were ready to see some lights.
And an hour later, here they were!!! We sat in a car line FOREVER! There was no getting out of that line. We were stuck. Which would have been fine except the boys just drank huge amounts of hot chocolate. Not such a great plan after all. By the time we actually got into the light display the boys were so over it, tired, and had to pee. So much for Christmas merriment ;-) All I can say is thank goodness that we were traveling with boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment