Friday, January 21, 2011

This Crazy Kid


Well...we think he's pretty smart.

On Tuesday his teacher told me he taught the class the word "camouflage" when they were learning about lizards hiding from predators in the desert. Wow! I have no idea where he learned that word (although I'm guessing a little Diego helped) but I'm so proud he knew not just the word but connected it to what his teacher was talking about. And we found a chameleon at Kohl's for only $5 which was perfect for my camouflage talking little boy.

Then on Wednesday his teacher told Justin that Brendan's comprehension was "through the roof"! That is music to this first grade teacher's ears!!! She said he was making all kinds of connections to what they were talking about and was really getting it. Yeah!

Today we were driving in the car and Brendan says "Mommy what are those pokey things in the desert?". Cactus I say. He goes "Oh mom, if there's only one it's called cactus and if there are bunch of them it's called cacti." Say what! That sounds like something we'd be talking about in first grade since I do teach plurals and all.

Now if we could just all those letters and sounds under our belt ;-

Oh and this picture is from when we had just gotten in from our looooong drive home from Oklahoma. It was about 2 p.m. and Justin and I were unpacking the car. Brendan decided to keep himself busy doing a little unpacking of his own. By the time we noticed what was going on over in the corner by the door he had already worked his way through 6 or 7 Hershey's kisses! A man after my own heart ;-) Love him.

One more thing. Brendan laid down next to me on the couch tonight and said in his saddest voice, "Mom, I want a blue baby". Because babies come in colors. We're working on it son...

No comments:

Post a Comment