Saturday, February 13, 2010

A day at the museum

Friday afternoon Brendan and I met some friends at the Lied Children's Museum. I love that place. We took Brendan last February about this time and he had fun, but this year was even more fun now that he is older. He was really into all the imaginative play things they had. I'm thinking we might need to get a membership here so we can go often. It was THAT fun!

Brendan and his buddy Ryan played with these dress up costumes for a while. They had a great big stage with a stage curtain that opened and closed.
Brendan, the performer. He would come out of the curtains and say "I'm Mickey Mouse!".
The water/bubble area was really fun too. I'm glad this was one of the last places Brendan played in because his sleeves got sooooo wet!
Brendan made a big wall bubble.
Shopping at Smiths. He got some eggs and loaded up on ice cream. I think he likes dairy!
This area would have so been my favorite as a kid. A real working cash register complete with fake money...it doesn't get better than that!
This picture is from last year's trip to the museum. I thought it would be fun to see how much Brendan has changed.
Sometimes I look at Brendan in pictures and feel like I'm getting glimpse of what he will look like all grown up. This is one of those pictures. I can't believe how old he looks!
This plane was Brendan's favorite place to play (maybe because we've been on them so much). I didn't think I'd ever get him out of here. He drove the plane, loaded it up with luggage, and sat as a passenger. I think he played every role possible on a plane.


Putting some antifreeze in the car.

The little builders section was very cool. They didn't have this section last year, but it was definitely a cool place to play. Brendan did everything from painting (can't wait to put those skills to use some day), drove a car, loaded up some bricks, used a pully system, and used a hammer and screwdriver



This was such a fun day! Brendan will be so excited to go again especially since we will be taking Grams and J.J. with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment