Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day...a little late ;-) Justin sent me flowers on Sunday that were delivered to our house. That made my day and was a nice surprise.
On Saturday Brendan and I made sugar cookies. I usually hate making sugar cookies because they are a lot of work and I'd rather eat a chocolate chip cookie any day over a sugar cookie. But my sister gave me a sugar cookie icing recipe that makes the cookies totally worth eating. We cheated and used some premade dough. Maybe next time I'll make some dough from scratch. I've got the icing down. One step at a time.

Sunday morning I made Brendan heart pancakes. These pancakes were totally picture worthy and I was pretty proud of this accomplishment. I even made pancake batter from scratch!!! Watch out Betty Crocker!
Um, yes my child is wearing BIG BOY UNDERWEAR! He is totally potty trained! Can I get an amen?!?! And this is usually what we look like in the morning. Just keeping it real.
When I was growing up my mom had traditions for each holiday. Every year on Valentine's Day she made a red velvet cake. It came once a year and was so yummy. I remember all of them and am working on some traditions of our own. I bought this bucket when Brendan turned 1 for Valentine's Day. I've decided to use it every year after and put little Valentine treats in it. I put some candy, books, color wonder stuff, and lacing cards in it this year. See that Splat book, those are great!!! Cute illustrations, story lines...we love reading about Splat.
I bought this sucker with a pair of lips on the end just to give myself a laugh. Even funnier though (Justin saw this but I missed it) was when Marley stole the sucker and he had the lips sticking out of his mouth!
I used to hate Valentine's Day. I called it Obligation Day. I still think it's way overrated, but it is fun to do some heart stuff with Brendan and make the guys in my life feel special. No, I didn't forget about Justin. He enjoyed his gifts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment