Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Brendan

I can't believe my baby is 3! Justin and I were reminiscing last night about what were doing three years earlier. It was the night before I going to be induced and we went to eat dinner at Olive Garden. It was sort of our last hurrah before Brendan came. If I could go back and pick another restaurant to eat my "last dinner" I would pick a thousand other places before the Olive Garden! I remember stopping at the grocery store on our way home and the checker said "when are you due?". I told her today and she said, "shouldn't you be at home? aren't you afraid you're water will break like any second?". It was kind of funny and I was only wishing that would happen. Now, here we are parents to a little man. It's hard to remember the sleepless nights, bouncy seats, high chairs, bottles, and binkies. Yes, it does go by all too quickly.

Brendan woke up this morning to this. Pretty good way to start a birthday I think.

Then we had a little celebration at Brendan's daycare. Calvin (on left) and Brendan are exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. Calvin turned 2 on Jan. 31st and Brendan turned 3 today. Karen also has a birthday today so we sang happy birthday to all three and had cupcakes and presents.

Then off we went to Red Robin for a birthday dinner. Brendan had some mac n' cheese and this great sundae for dessert. Yummy! He ate A LOT of it all by himself. I even had the Red Robin people sing to him which greatly embarrassed him. He hid behind his daddy. I think he must get his shyness from me.

A mouth full of ice cream! Yum!!!

And to end the day a little more playtime with the new train table. He really didn't want to leave it this morning to go to Karen's house, but we were able to drag him away. Brendan told me "I love my train table and my milk loves it too". Well, if even the milk loves the train table we must have done good!

I'm going to have to glue these tracks to the table before we have a big disaster on our hands.


A special surprise was on our front porch tonight. Brendan has been talking about having a Madagascar cake since Christmas (we watched Merry Madagascar countless times). Madagascar party stuff is impossible to find in stores so I ordered some online...and our stuff came one day early!!! These are the little goody boxes we are going to have. They will have Madagascar stickers, a pair of binnoculars, a stuffed lion, animal finger puppet, party blower, and fruit snacks inside. They were too cute not to buy. We had such a fun day today and we still have the party on Friday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment