Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Easter Pics

I'm almost caught up! Here are some pictures from Easter. Brendan had a lot of fun dying Easter eggs. I think you can tell by his colored fingers that he did most of dipping and dying. It was really hard to be patient and not take the eggs out right away. We're still working on colors so this was a fun way to practice. For some reason, Brendan CANNOT seem to remember the names of the colors. We've got black and white but that's about it.
Does anyone have a matching set of mugs in the world?

Puttin' on some stickers.
This kit also had some rub-on tatoos. They weren't so easy to put on!
Notice the concentration.
Easter morning Brendan woke up to this! Oh yes, the Easter bunny was good to him.
I think I went a little overboard on the candy this year. Trader Joes had some really cute Easter candy and I couldn't resist. I think the packaging was actually better than some of the candy. But their malted balls were waaaay better than any I've had before. Yes, I helped Brendan eat all his Easter candy. You're welcome son ;-) Brendan also got these fabulous Scooby people and van. After playing with J.J.'s the entire time he was here, it was time Brendan got some of this own.
After checking out the basket, we went outside to hunt for eggs. When I was a kid, the Easter bunny hid all the eggs we had dyed outside. I remember many Easter mornings looking for eggs outside in my pajamas and coat. It was also so cold in the morning and the grass was really wet. Poor Brendan can't hunt for eggs in grass. He's got to look in rocks! That's still so strange to me to have a yard full of rocks. As a sidenote, we're hoping to get some grass put in sooner rather than later. I think Marley and Brendan will both appreciate that!

Marley was not such a big help. It was more like a race to see if Brendan could find the eggs and put them safely in his basket before Marley ate them!
Before church, Brendan helped me make peach cobbler. I made my mom's recipe and it was delicious! And not hard at all!!!
All dressed up and ready for church. I thought he looked pretty sharp in this polo with his hair all fixed. And so grownup!!!

When we got to church Justin and I checked Brendan into the children's area. He DID NOT want to go. Brendan clung to my leg and cried. I really thought he would be fine once I left. It's not like Brendan doesn't socialize or stays home with me all day. Well, about 10 minutes into the church service we got paged. Brendan was such a sad sight to see. He was still crying with the same intensity as when I left him. He was sitting in the middle of the group crying while all the other kids were waiting for their program to start. So we took him with us into "big church". Thankfully it was a very large church with loud music. He did very well and sat quietly through most of the service. Justin's iPhone was a big help too! That's not exactly the way I had envisioned Brendan learning about Jesus and the Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment