Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grams and JJ visit

We were lucky enough to have my mom and J.J. come visit during Spring Break. Since Erin had just given birth to Mary Cate, we thought it would be fun for J.J. to fly out with Grams and give my sister a little break from at least one child. Thanks Erin for letting him come! Brendan and J.J. are two peas in a pod. They did everything together and were best buds. Case in point, Brendan insisted on sitting RIGHT NEXT to J.J. even during dinner. See those Scooby people Brendan is holding? Those were J.J.'s, but guess who has their very own set now thanks to Grams and the Easter Bunny.
Movie night!!!
We went to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. They offer a deal for teachers where you and one guest can get in free. Plus kids under age 5 are free. That meant free admission for all. Woohoo!!!
J.J. was really excited about seeing the sharks, so we breezed through most of the exhibit to get to the end which were the sharks. There are a ton of really cool ones, but my photos didn't turn out so great and these are the best I got. Those blurry pink things are jellyfish...very cool and just like the ones in Finding Nemo. That's what I think every time I see them here. Good job Disney!
This tank also had a really cool octopus in addition to these starfish. Ewww...is all I can say about seeing those tentacles up close and stuck to the glass. I didn't get any photos of the octopus, but I can say that image has not left my mind since and has probably damaged my ability to eat calamari. I guess since calamari is nothing but fried batter that may not be such a bad thing.
One day while J.J. was here my friends had organized our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Here we are filling up 48 plastic eggs with candy. Marley was a big help ;-)
The day of the hunt. Notice those matching Scooby baskets. Like I said, two peas in a pod.


And to end the fun few days together, we made some Easter sugar cookies. I was supposed to send some home on the plane with J.J., but that didn't happen. So Erin, here are the sugar cookies J.J. was telling you about. Sorry you never got to eat them!
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that we went took the boys to the Lied Children's Museum. I left my camera in the car so mom has all those pictures. Yes, it was a lot of go, go, go while J.J. was here but we certainly had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment