Friday, May 28, 2010

Making some planets

I'm not really sure what sparked Brendan's interest in planets, but he is really into them! And by that I mean he just likes to talk about "planet Earth" and we've watched a few planet related movies like Planet 51 and Muppets in Space. He's not identifying Mars or Venus and their properties yet ;-) Brendan loves to do projects although I'm not so good at actually doing them. I think it's because much of my day revolves around projects, plus we dig out all the crafty stuff and Brendan is done with our "project" after 10 minutes!!! All that work for 10 minutes! Anyway, since he would not stop talking about making some planets, I finally took him to Michaels where we bought this great planet kit. I love easy and this was! Paint, assemble, admire. I can do this.

Justin helped arrange the planets in the correct order. I was willing just to stick them any old place around the sun, but I guess that wouldn't be teaching Brendan the right thing. Apparently there is an acronym for remembering the order of the planets, but I never learned it.
And just so you know, Brendan does wear complete, matching outfits everyday. It's just safer to be clothes-less when using paint at the age of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment