Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Touch a Truck

Every March Family to Family Connection puts on an event called Touch-a-Truck. This was our second year to go and it was just as fun this year as last. We met some friends there and Brendan spent a lot of time climbing in and out of trucks, cars, etc. The boys could honk the horns, but Brendan was too scared. This U-Haul truck was a lot of fun plus they were giving out these fun cardboard piggy bank trucks. Brendan has now become a money collector so he could fill up his truck.
Breaker, breaker...
The fireman wanted me to hop up on the truck and sit next to Brendan. Yeah right!
See that kid in the yellow shirt. He was so nice and he and Brendan became fast friends running around to each truck. The little boy was there with an Asian woman who I believe was his nanny. She spent most of her time texting and trailing us as I ran after the boys who raced off to each truck. Apparently she thought I would start watching her little boy too! I have never experienced something so absurd. Eventually Brendan and I went off without the little boy and she wasn't watching. She ran up to me asking if I knew where he was and then got frustrated when I didn't know. The nerve! I feel really bad for that little boy, and he was soooo nice. She did find him because we ran into them again later. That was very awkward!



No comments:

Post a Comment